Bethany Superintendent Search
NOW HIRING: SUPERINTENDENT
In the heart of northwest Oklahoma City, Bethany Public Schools is a unique, one-square-mile school district that provides a strong, positive tradition of relationships with all stakeholders including the community, parents, patrons, local businesses and neighboring institutions. BPS places an emphasis on strong academic curriculum as well as providing a broad range of opportunities for involvement in sports, music performance, as well as academic competition to include STEM activities. Each student has the opportunity to reach their full potential in a well-rounded environment. Bethany’s parental involvement is exceptional as is the quality of teachers and staff. The district also enjoys the support of a committed Bethany Public School Foundation. The district’s vital partnership with Southern Nazarene University provides joint athletic facilities, academic settings, and other offerings that are important to each entity.
- Fine arts offerings that include an orchestra, marching band, jazz band, show choirs, and choral groups with award- and sweepstakes-winning performances.
- A rich tradition in athletic competition in multiple sports; BHS consistently qualifies for OSSAA playoffs and state tournament appearances. In the fall of 2016 boys & girls cross country, volleyball, and football teams had outstanding accomplishments, both individually and as a team.
- Continuation of a significant partnership with the Children’s Center Rehabilitation Hospital to provide top-notch special education programs.
- 50% of the student population at Bethany are transfer students from other districts.
- Bethany High School named Blue Ribbon School in 2014.
- Bethany High School graduates of 2016 were offered more than $5 million in scholarships to attend postsecondary colleges, universities, or tech centers.
- Approximately 90% of Bethany High School graduates attend a postsecondary school (2-year college or 4-year college).
- Bethany High School students consistently score higher than the state and national average on the ACT exam.
- In 2014, our District Teacher of the Year was also recognized as a top 10 finalist for the Oklahoma Teacher of the Year.
- In 2016, our District Teacher of the Year was recognized as a “Rising Star” in the Oklahoma Teacher of the Year Program.
- Several National Merit semi-finalists and Oklahoma Academic All-Staters.
Strategic Areas of Focus:
- Maximizing the budget
- Education technology emphasis with K-12 implementation of 1:1 learning
- Improvement of district facilities with a focus on STEM activities and fine arts
- Emphasis on the empowerment of teachers and administrators
Applications will be accepted for this position until March 10, 2017. Candidates selected to interview will be notified by email or phone. Interviews will be held in March and April, with the hopes of naming a superintendent in April or May 2017. This timeline is subject to change at the discretion of the Board.