The Oklahoma State School Boards Association, a statewide nonprofit organization representing locally elected school board members, is seeking an assistant for our communications and marketing department.
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Assistant
- Help execute communication initiatives and assist with the delivery of services to school district members.
- Provide administrative support for the communications and marketing team
- Produce, update and maintain website, social media and printed content
- Provide event and conference planning and preparation support and on-site support
- Photograph and/or video OSSBA events as assigned
- Prepare and send electronic and/or print communications to membership
- Provide office-wide proofreading and editing support
- Collect data and update and maintain database information
- Segment contacts as needed for communication efforts
- Provide office-wide phone support and serve as front desk backup
- Coordinate with the Marketing Coordinator and execute in-house production of printed materials
- Develop, maintain and adhere to an internal calendar of publication and deliverable deadlines
- Assist with preparation and distribution of internal mailings
- Coordinate off-site mailing services as necessary
- Monitor and maintain inventory of association publications
- Serve as point person for workroom equipment, including requesting service and ordering supplies
- Perform other support duties as necessary
- High School diploma or equivalent, required; bachelor’s degree in public relations/communications or previous communications experience, preferred
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to write and speak fluently in Spanish, preferred
- Knowledge of basic rules of grammar
- Ability to multitask, identify priorities, problem-solve and meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, and, when necessary, confidentiality in the
performance of assigned duties
- Ability to work as an independent self-starter and as a part of a team
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Rare nights and/or weekends required
This position serves as part of the communications/marketing department and reports to the Director of Communications and Marketing.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Team-oriented working environment
- Paid leave based on years of service
- Paid holidays
- Excellent retirement plan (15% contribution)
- Benefit allowance for health and dental insurance
- Paid life insurance
To apply, click here. Please submit a resume and a cover letter. The position will remain open until filled.
For questions about the position, contact OSSBA Director of Communications and Marketing Director Christy Watson at 405.528.3571 or via email.