Step Up Bill Summaries
STEP UP FOR TEACHERS ADVOCACY DAY
- Please plan to arrive at the Capitol between 9-10 a.m. Keep in mind there will be security lines at the Capitol entrances.
- Where to go: The first floor of the Capitol rotunda will be the primary check-in area. On the second floor, there will be T-shirts stickers on an as-available basis, talking points, a sign-making area, other information and assistance identifying and finding your legislator. Please wear school-related clothing to represent your school!
- Coffee and donuts will be available.
- Meet with legislators.
- Please try to make appointments to meet with your legislators.
- Gather on the second floor of the rotunda to hear from special guest speakers, including state schools Superintendent Joy Hofmeister.
- Lunch will be provided at the Capitol at the conclusion of the rotunda gathering.
- Fill the gallery to watch the House of Representatives vote on the teacher pay raise and revenue bills.