If you have a question not answered here, please call our office or submit your question here.
(1) The employee is subject to a federal, state, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19.
(2) The employee has been advised by a healthcare provider to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19.
(3) The employee is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and seeking a medical diagnosis.
(4) The employee is caring for an individual who is subject to an order as described in subparagraph (1) or has been advised as described in paragraph (2).
(5) The employee is caring for their son or daughter if the school or place of care of the son or daughter has been closed, or the childcare provider of the son or daughter is unavailable, due to COVID-19 precautions.
(6) The employee is experiencing any other substantially similar condition specified by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, in consultation with the Secretary of the Treasury and the Secretary of Labor.Employees receive full pay for reasons 1-3 and 2/3 pay for reasons 4-6. Federal emergency leave applies to both part-time and full-time employees but is limited to the equivalent of two weeks of leave for part-time employees. An employee only has to work one day for the employer to qualify for the paid leave. Additional information regarding how the FFCRA applies to school employees is available here. You can also download our infographic with FFRCA information for employees.