NOW HIRING: SUPERINTENDENT
The South Penn campus, located in south Oklahoma City, includes modern meeting facilities, office spaces, and new construction consisting of 5,965 square feet of classroom/safe room space. Two multi-purpose classrooms can be configured to serve a variety of learning environments. The third is specifically designed for the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) program, which includes the new Simulator Solutions Platinum Real Motion Ambulance Simulator. The simulator operates on pneumatic movement and gives EMT students an opportunity to learn skills and techniques as if they were in the field.
Established in 1972, Moore Norman Technology Center is viewed as one of the nation’s premiere career and technical educational institutions within Oklahoma’s globally-recognized CareerTech System. Serving the communities of Norman, Moore and south Oklahoma City, MNTC provides high school and adult students a quality and affordable technical career education. MNTC also provides business and industry training and certification to help area companies shore up their workforce and achieve their business goals.
Points of Pride
- MNTC has been honored as a Gold Star School 16 times. This annual application-based award, presented by the Oklahoma Association of Technology Centers, recognizes technology center districts that have met rigid and demanding criteria demonstrating a high level of excellence and accountability in student success.
- MNTC has earned the Oklahoma Quality Award for Achievement of Excellence, administered by the Oklahoma Quality Award Foundation, Inc. for demonstrating high standards of excellence worthy of recognition in Oklahoma.
- In 2018, MNTC was recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Oklahoma by The Oklahoman newspaper.
- In FY18, 90% of our long-term students either went to work or continued their education in a field related to their program of study with an average starting wage of over $15 per hour.
One of two MNTC campuses, the Franklin Road campus sits conveniently between the communities of Moore and Norman. The campus offers six buildings, exceeding 323,500 square feet, which feature classrooms, learning labs, industry-standard equipment, and meeting and conference space.
Moore Norman Technology Center has earned a reputation as a leader within the Oklahoma CareerTech system because of a strong focus on quality education and continuous improvement. Moore Norman was the first educational organization in North America to achieve ISO 9001 registration, which is an internationally recognized quality standard. In addition, MNTC has received the Oklahoma Quality Award three times– in 1999, 2006, and in 2017. In 2018, Moore Norman Technology Center was recognized as a Top Workplace in Oklahoma by The Oklahoman.
- Current Long-Term Enrollment– 1,525
- Adult Development Training – 4,684 individual students for FY18
- Business Development Training – 131 clients served from July 2018 – January 2019.
- Business Development Center – 5 clients are currently in the BDC
- Approximately 16,624 people attended an event booked through conferencing from July 2018 – January 2019
- 240 full time employees plus 200+ adjuncts/subs/temps
- Operating Budget – $39 million
Download the complete job description.
Applications will be accepted for this position until April 26, 2019. Candidates selected to interview will be notified by email or phone. Interviews will be held in May, 2019, with the hopes of naming a superintendent in May 2019. This timeline is subject to change at the discretion of the Board.