With the recent approval of SB 661, public bodies are afforded temporary (until Nov. 15, 2020, or until the governor’s emergency order is terminated) flexibility within the open meetings law to make it easier for boards to meet using teleconferencing or videoconferencing technology.
OSSBA’s Assemble Meetings service offers school districts and other public boards a way to have paperless meetings and ensures board members can easily have complete meeting information at their fingertips while participating in a meeting even if they are in a remote location. It will also reduce the use of paper and person-to-person contact. Meeting agendas can be prepared and distributed entirely online. The system easily allows districts to immediately share meeting information with the public, which is a provision included in the bill.
The below video explores the tools of Assemble and how they can help your board meet collaboratively while being virtual. We also demonstrate how you can use Zoom web conferencing with Assemble to connect your board and public.
Information on other free web conferencing platforms that can be used in conjunction with Assemble to complete your virtual meeting is available here.
More than 100 Oklahoma school districts currently use Assemble.
Through June, Assemble is available for a reduced initial fee of $500 for OSSBA members. The fee includes account setup, template and report building, security and permission-level management services and staff and board training. To protect the health of our members and our team in accordance with guidance from public health officials, all set up and training will be conducted virtually. In July, the annual subscription fee of $1,500 will apply.
- Assemble is cloud-based. No need to download an app – it’s accessible from any device with internet access.
- Board and staff members can access meeting information anywhere they have an internet connection on any device.
- Users can collaborate within the system on meeting planning and building.
- Templates create a customized look for printed documents, including agendas and minutes.
- Agenda building is streamlined with drag-and-drop features.
- Publication and notification of meetings is easily automated.
- Complete meeting packets can be downloaded and distributed electronically.
- Changes to meeting attachments and item notes will be updated in real-time for all users.
- User-specific notes and annotation tools allow board members to better prepare for board meetings.
- Attachments open easily within the system without the need for other applications.
- Attachments uploaded to the system are automatically archived as text-searchable documents.
- Committees allow your leadership team or other subsections of staff to meet virtually.
- Agendas can be distributed to the public through two types of public pages:
- Agendas and other meeting details with public permission levels automatically publish to your public page. Meeting documents and attachments can be made available to the public.
- The public projector page allows the public to follow along in real-time as a meeting is in progress.
- Permission levels and security locks on every section of an agenda permit item visibility only to those who are defined.
- Track motions, discussion and votes in real-time and automate minutes report production.
- Tier 2 service includes online policy hosting and text-searchable document hosting within Assemble.
- OSSBA offers virtual training and additional teleconferencing assistance to districts who are new to Assemble or virtual meetings.
Assemble support and technical help is provided by the Oklahoma State School Boards Association team, and we provide ourselves on providing excellent customer service.
Tier 1 (meeting service only)
- First year special rate for new subscribers through June 1, 2020: $500
- Annual maintenance beginning July 2020: $1,500
Tier 2 (includes meeting service, online policy hosting, document storage)
- First year: $3,500
- Annul maintenance: $3,000
Includes meeting service, online policy hosting, document storage
- Annual maintenance: $4,000
- Set-up fee: $500
Want to learn more about how paperless meetings can help your district or organization?
Contact Anne Beck via email or at 405.528.3571.
Autry Technology Center
Caddo-Kiowa Technology Center
Canadian Valley Technology Center
Great Plains Technology Center
Mid-America Technology Center
Midwest City – Del City
Moore Norman Technology Center
North Rock Creek
Oklahoma Municipal League
Oklahoma Schools Risk Management Trust
Oklahoma State Department of Education
Pioneer Technology Center
Red River Technology Center
Regional University System of Oklahoma