The Oklahoma State School Boards Association provides up-to-date information regarding policies to its members through Policy Service subscriptions. For more information on becoming a subscriber, please contact Julie Miller at 405-528-3571 or complete the subscription form.
Policy Subscription Service
$750 per year
- Review board minutes monthly.
- Revise or develop new, customized policies based on information from board minutes (within the subscription period). A district may receive 12 new or revised policies per year, or any requested. Any policies requested over 12 will be available for $50/policy (also available on electronically).
- Provide new or newly updated SDE required policies (customized).
- Provide board members and superintendents monthly PSST policy newsletter (digital delivery for superintendents).
- Provide superintendents with three sample policies related to newsletter topics.
- Provide annual policy revisions in digital format based on legislative action during subscription year (customized).
- Provide policies customized during the subscription year in a digital format.
Online Policy Hosting
See fee schedule.
Streamline your board policy management with OSSBA’s online policy hosting service! With this cloud-based service, your district’s policies are easy to update and always just a few clicks away! Full-text searching makes it easy to find what you need quickly. The service includes a one-time conversion fee and and an annual hosting fee.
Policy Review Service
$1,500 for 10-hour analysis of existing manual
- Suggested policies may be purchased at the current per policy fee of $50.
- If a current policy services subscriber, suggested policies may be provided up to 12 policies with additional policies available at the current per policy fee of $50.
Customized Policy Service
- Review Board minutes of the past three years
- Review school handbooks (teacher, parent, student)
- Review negotiated agreements
- Review the current policy manual and/or other written policies
District will receive:
- 100 new policies generated from the review
- Codification of each policy in accordance with the OSSBA uniform coding system
- Draft copy of district manual for review, revision and approval
- Table of Contents indicating the policies included in your manual
- Policy manual in a customized binder and tabbed for easy reference (upon board approval of manual)
- Manual for each board member or for the superintendent and additional books for open records requests
- One-year subscription to PSST! (Policy Newsletter) for one year
- Electronic version of customized manual
Estimated cost is $6,000 payable in three installments. The first installment of $2,000 is due upon acceptance of the contract. The second installment of $2,000 is due upon receipt of the first draft copy. The third installment of $2,000 issued upon receipt and acceptance of the completed set of manuals.
In the event the final manual contains more than 100 policy codes, an additional fee will be required. Customized policies over the 100 policy limit will be invoiced at $50 each. Basic policies over the 100 limit are invoiced at $10 each. A policy is “customized” if the policy is altered. A “basic” policy includes only adding a school district’s name and adoption date.